Wednesday, May 30, 2012

What to Do When You Don't Know What You Want in Life

I know I am not alone when I say, "WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH MY LIFE??" A question that is so simple yet so complicated. It seems like those that are most self-aware and in touch with their inner selves tend to successfully pursue their passion without fussing too much about it. Unfortunately, I am one of the least self-aware people I know. But first, I have to accept me as me and if I don't like the me in the now, then change to the me that I want.

The best ways to begin assessing "WHAT I SHOULD DO WITH MY LIFE" are:

Stop comparing self to other people.


Stop imagining what could have been or what should have been and focus on the NOW.


Stop wasting time looking at things that have a negative impact on you or things that provide zero value.


Stop spending time with people that are cynical, negative, and selfish or people that bring the WORST in you.


Stop trying to be someone else.


Stop sulking and moping about things that can be controlled instead, move a step closer to changing those things.


Stop procrastinating, the world keeps on spinning no matter what.


Start owning up to what makes you, You.


Start giving 110% to exploring something you are interested in.


Start liberating yourself from invisible chains and be free from social expectations and pressures.


Start working on improving the qualities about yourself that you are not so proud of.


Start expecting the most positive and ideal results because it will happen.


Start surrounding yourself with people that bring the BEST out of you.


Start accepting your mistakes and move forward.


Start accepting things out of your control and move forward.


Start prioritizing and make every second count.



If a baby bird can jump into the unknown and learn to fly on its own, what's the worst that can happen? There is no thing such as failure, it's just learning what doesn't work. And as I remember, insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. So I'll try to stay sane.

No comments:

Post a Comment